- Waste not, want not.
- If the shoe fits, wear it.
- Practice makes perfect.
- Time heals all wounds.
- Once saved, always saved.
- Money is the root of all evil.
- Cleanliness is next to godliness.
- Spare the rod, spoil the child.
- You can't judge a book by its cover.
- God said it. I believe it, that settles it.
- God helps those who help themselves.
- You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Children should be seen and not heard.
- All good things come to those who wait.
- If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
A fun exercise using this list might be to poll your Bible study group members to see how many these proverbs they identify as being in the Bible. My guess is that the average lay person would say at least a third of these are (when, in fact, none are as stated, though some are fragments of or inspired by actual Bible passages).
Enjoy! And have a good week!
'Til next time,