To that end, here's a list of books I've recommended over the years; they're some of the best I've found targeted specifically to Bible study teachers and leaders.
Filled with practical suggestions and solid theology, these books can't help but be a positive influence whether you've been a teacher for decades or are just starting out.
Here's my top-ten list arranged in alphabetical order (I've included it as a permanent sidebar, too, for future reference):
- Discipleship Journal's Best Bible Study Methods
- How to Ask Great Questions by Karen Lee-Thorp
- How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth by Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart
- Living By the Book: The Art and Science of Reading the Bible by Howard Hendricks
- Mastering Teaching by Earl Palmer, Roberta Hestenes, and Howard Hendricks (Mastering Ministry series)
- Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods: Twelve Ways You Can Unlock God's Word
- Speaking with Bold Assurance by Bert Decker and Hershael W. York
- Spirit-Filled Teaching by Roy B. Zuck
- Teaching to Change Lives by Howard Hendricks
- The Seven Laws of the Learner by Bruce Wilkinson
Numbers 1, 2, 9, & 10 are my all-time favorites.
Enjoy! And may you find something helpful here.