Thursday, May 19, 2005

Tools for the Teacher's Soul

If your Bible study classes or groups break for the summer, now is a good time to be thinking about your personal devleopment as a teacher or leader. Summer breaks provide a great opportunity to foster your own growth and development apart from preparing for next fall.

Here are some ideas to get you thinking about what you might work on over the summer. I've used most of these in trainings with Bible study teachers or have used them for my own study and can recommend them all. I've grouped these suggested resources by type or subject area. Enjoy!


RESOURCES FOR SKILL TRAINING:


BOOK RESOURCES FOR BIBLE SURVEY AND OVERALL BIBLE UNDERSTANDING:

BOOK RESOURCES FOR BIBLE STUDY METHODS:

BOOK RESOURCES FOR RENEWAL:

I suspect that's enough to get you started. In later posts I'll list resources for doctrinal development, personal devotions, and other topics of interest.

I hope you'll take time this summer to allow God to renew your soul and to increase your knowledge and understanding.

'Til next time,

Joan

No comments: