The "Featured Site" section on the right will contain a link to a new, excellent on-line resource I've stumbled upon and highly recommend. I'll try to highlight a new featured site at least twice a month.
This week's "Featured Site" is John Piper's site Desiring God. This outstanding resource offers all kinds of helps for Bible study teachers or leaders:
- An On-line Library (on-line line book references)
- An On-line Study Desk (a ton of Bible study aids and tools)
- Weekly audio sermons (you can listen on-line)
- Daily radio broadcasts (you can listen on-line)
- The "Fighter Verses" Bible memorization system
- The complete English Standard Version of the Bible (ESV) and 25 other versions on-line
- Daily devotionals
- Today's News and Links sections
- Easy-to-use search features that allow you to search the site by topic.
Just the On-line Study Desk feature is worth the visit to this site.
If you've never read John Piper's works, I'd encourage you to do so; his is a unique and penetrating voice that drives us out of complacency into deepening relationship with God--the true God of the Scriptures who if far greater and more wonderful than we know. You'll find no superficiality, quick fixes, or "cheap grace" here.
Please note that when I visited this site, the "store" feature (where you can purchase products) was not operational. This, however, did not affect my ability to search the databases or to use the on-line resources.
So, check out DesiringGod.org. I hope you like it. Let me know what you think.
That's it for now,